If you’re a Small Business owner this legal guide is for you.
Small business owners are the unsung heroes of the economy. Working long hours, not settling for corporate jobs, employing others who depend on them for their income. Plus they have to do everything – there’s no corporate IT or HR department to call to bail the small business owner out!
Legal issues faced by Small Business
In addition to the day-to-day running of their business, small business owners need to be on top of a number of legal issues, including:
- Making sure you get paid and collect any outstanding debts
- How to hire contractors or offer your services with confidence
- How to keep your ideas confidential when talking with potential investors and contractors
- Giving your Power of Attorney to a trusted friend or family member
- Having an up-to-date Will to ensure your business asset is protected
- Protecting your business or brand name from being copied
How to be prepared for these legal issues
Here at Legal123 we’ve put together a set of small business agreement templates that you can use to get on top of these issues (and mitigate downside risks as much as possible). The templates for Small Business owners include: