Don’t hire a contractor without an agreement!
A clear and simple Contractor Agreement will ensure you and your contractor are “on the same page” – whatever services the contractor is providing: specialist advice, technical skills, project management, etc.
The template works for business owners and contractors
Use the “Purchasing the Service” option if you’re a business owner and hiring a contractor.
Use the “Providing the Service” option if you’re a contractor and offering your services to businesses.
Both versions enable you to agree the details – deliverables, schedule, deadlines, payment. Plus includes protections for both parties – IP ownership, confidentiality, warranties and limitation of liabilities.
Quick and easy online form
Just input some basic information into the template – contractor name and address and a description of the services to be performed – then click ‘generate’ and your Contractor Contract is automatically downloaded, in PDF format. The agreement is written in plain English, so it’s easy to understand.
You can be done in less than 10 minutes!
Online video instructions and telephone support
There’s a short online video with instructions on how to complete the online form. Plus there’s a “walk through” video stepping you through and explaining each clause of the agreement and a video covering 5 FAQs about hiring contractors.
And you can always call us if you have any questions.
Is the Contractor Agreement template right for me?
You need to have an ‘arms length’ relationship with any contractor – otherwise you’ll incur health, Superannuation, tax, etc. obligations for them. A Contractor Agreement will clarify the contractual relationship and ensure no ‘employee/employer’ relationship is implied.
I’m using Upwork or oDesk …
The Upwork and oDesk Terms of Service protects them, not you. You should have your own agreement with your contractor.
Providing your clients with a Contractor Agreement is a perfect opportunity to look professional and clarify deliverables, timelines and payment schedules.
I’m worried about keeping my idea secret …
Unless you have the right technical skills, you’ll need to hire a specialist. The Contractor Agreement includes confidentiality clauses to keep your ideas secret.
The package includes
- Business Owner version – Used if hiring a contractor to help you in your business. Specifies output expectations, warranty for work done, protects your business information, ensures you own the work on completion.
- Contractor version – Used if offering your services in a professional manner to clients. Clarifies your services offered, timing of deliverables, payment schedule and ensures your liability is limited.
- IP protection – Clause to safeguard the ownership of your intellectual property and copyright.
- Confidentiality – Clause to protect your business and personal information.
- Limitation of liability – Clause to limit your liability for loss or damage.
- Dispute resolution – Clause defining procedure in case of any disagreements.
- Updates – Customers are notified when there is a major change to the template.
We offer a full money back guarantee if our templates are not suitable for your circumstances or a technical difficulty prevents you from using them. If you have questions about buying online, check out the FAQs.