Don’t hire an app programmer without one
When you’re ready to get your app coded, make sure you use an App Developer Contract. This will protect your IP and ensure the confidentiality of your app idea. Plus the contract enables you to specify the app functionality, timing of deliverables, payment schedule and process for dispute resolution.
The app developer package also includes everything you need to launch your app (from a legal perspective):
- App Developer Contracts – 2 versions: one for hiring App programmers and one if you are an App programmer.
- App Disclaimer – Apple’s App Store Disclaimer protects Apple, not you! You need your own Disclaimer.
Quick and easy templates
The App Developer Contract is easy to use. Just download the PDF template and follow the step-by-step online video instructions.
App programmers can also use the package
There are 2 versions of the App Developer Contract included. If you’re an app entrepreneur just use the standard “App Owner” version. But if you’re an app programmer, there’s a second version of the App Developer Contract you can use with your clients to agree the services you’ll provide – and show you’re a professional operator. This is the “App Coder” version.
Online video instructions and telephone support
There’s a short online video with instructions on how to fill out the App Developer Contract. We also always include a “walk through” video stepping you through and explaining each clause. And you can always call us if you have any questions.
Is the app developer package right for me?
Then you need the Owner Version of the App Developer Contract to hire an app programmer and specify deliverable due dates, payment schedule and protect your ideas.
I’m an app programmer …
Then you need the Coder Version of the App Developer Contract to agree the services you’ll provide to your clients, including deliverables, timeline and budget.
Remember, Apple’s App Store Disclaimer protects Apple – not you! The same is true for Google’s Play Store. You need your own Disclaimer for your app to protect yourself.
I’m worried about keeping my app idea secret …
Unless you can code your app yourself, you’ll need to hire an app programmer. The App Developer Contract includes confidentiality clauses to keep your idea and IP secret.
The package includes
- App Developer Contract, Owner Version – To hire a coder to develop your app, including app specification, delivery timing, payment schedule, dispute resolution, protection of IP and to ensure confidentiality of your idea.
- App Developer Contract, Coder Version – To offer your services in a professional manner to clients, including clarifying services promised, delivery timing, payment schedule, dispute resolution and ensure your liability is limited.
- App Disclaimer – To state you are not responsible for any issues associated with download or use of your app.
- Updates – Customers are notified when there is a major change to the templates.
We offer a full money back guarantee if our templates are not suitable for your circumstances or a technical difficulty prevents you from using them. If you have questions about buying online, check out the FAQs.