Everything you need for your photography (and videography) business
Photographers need these 4 legal agreements and notices to run a professional operation and protect their work:
- Photography Contract – To agree the details of a photo shoot, including payment terms, cancellation policy, etc.
- Photo Licensing Agreement – To confirm how your client may use the photographs they purchase.
- Model Release Form – To ensure you own the images and have permission to use them commercially.
Free updates so you don’t worry about legislation changes
Australian Consumer and Privacy law is constantly changing, particularly with regard to the Internet and online businesses. We’re Australian lawyers and we make it our business to keep on top of these changes. We don’t overwhelm you with emails, but when the law changes and any of the templates are updated we let you know, so you never have to worry.
Quick and easy online forms
Just input some basic information into each online form and your customised legal agreements and notices are automatically generated.
The Photography Contract and Model Release Form are in printable, PDF format. The Photo Licensing Agreement and Website Legals are in text format that you just copy and paste into your website.
Online video instructions and telephone support
Online video instructions are included with each form. We step you through filling out each online form and explain important clauses as we go. But the forms are not complicated and the instruction videos are short.
And you can always call us if you have any questions.
Is the photography legal package right for me?
I specialise in wedding/baby/portrait/pet photography …
The Photography Contract includes options for weddings, babies/infants, portraits and pets. By selecting one of these options, additional clauses specific to photographing weddings/babies/portraits/pets are added to the Contract.
I sell images/prints through my website …
Then, you need to make the terms of your License clear on your website and at the time of sale. Your customers can agree to your License by ticking a checkbox when they checkout online.
I specialise in photographing models/teens/children …
Always use a Model Release Form. And with teens and children always use a Child Model Release Form. This ensures you own the images outright and that you have the permission of the child’s parents/guardians.
I want my logo on the agreements …
No problem. We have left space at the top of each PDF for a logo. Just use Adobe Reader DC (the latest version of Adobe Reader) to attach your logo and personalise your agreements.
The package includes
- Photography Contract – To agree the details of a photography and/or videography shoot, including date, time, location, payment terms, cancellation policy, etc. Includes options for photographing weddings, babies/infants, portraits and pets. Includes confidentiality and privacy of personal information clause.
- Photo Licensing Agreement – To confirm how your client may use your photographs. Including: commercial/personal use, worldwide/Australia only, with/without attribution, etc.
- Adult Model Release Form – To ensure you own the images outright and can use them commercially without paying royalties. Also called a Photo Consent Form.
- Child Model Release Form – To ensure you have the permission of the child’s parents/guardians to use the images commercially. Also called a Parental Consent Form.
- Photography Website Legals:
- Website Disclaimer – To protect your copyrighted images and information and deter website visitors from suing you.
- Website Terms & Conditions – To limit your liability and state the terms under which you do business. The latest Australian Consumer Law now requires you to post these.
- Licensed for use on 1 website only.
- Updates – Customers are notified when there is a major change to the legislation and our templates are updated.
- “Printable” – Photography Contract and Model Release Form are in printable, PDF format. Photo Licensing Agreement is in text format that can be copy/pasted.
We offer a full money back guarantee if our templates are not suitable for your circumstances or a technical difficulty prevents you from using them. If you have questions about buying online, check out How it Works and FAQs.
Photography Legal Package
What our clients say …
I needed insight and advice to help navigate through what to me were unchartered waters starting my first online business. And Vanessa delivered on both counts. But she also made me feel that it was as important to her as it was to me that we sorted out the best way forward and managed the embryonic relationships sensitively. Thank goodness I chose Legal123.
I purchased the Website Legal Package and paid a little bit more to have it customised to suit my unique needs. Legal123 were absolutely fantastic - very responsive and very helpful. I feel I got great value for money. My new web business now has all the Ts & Cs in place for just hundreds rather than thousands of dollars. I'll definitely turn to you the next time we require a legal template. Thank you!
After numerous conversations with some of Australia's leading Legal firms, I stumbled across Legal123. During the first few minutes of our conversation it was clear to me that Vanessa's knowledge around Website legalities was superior. Engaging Legal123 so early in the piece enabled our team to make many critical changes to the point where Vanessa now plays a pivotal role in our success. I couldn't recommend Legal123 more highly.
Outstanding. Love the speed and efficiency of getting the forms I needed!
Customer service is EXCEPTIONAL - great product to boot - saved us thousands.
Such a great model for obtaining business legal docs - if you know what you need, you can save serious money - customer service is fantastic as well.
Ease of use - Epic. Quality of products - Awesome. Support - Sensational. Will use them again - Are you kidding? Of course. Will recommend to friends - Already did!
Absolutely impressed with both the legal document package I purchased today and the subsequent customer service I received from Legal123 when I had an issue with the order. Great customer service and thanks heaps. You definitely made my day today.
I found the templates so easy and simple. Rather than spend hours on sites trying to determine what I needed, I simply purchased and uploaded and my site was finally ready to be launched. I would recommend this process to anyone.