You need a Graphic Design Agreement with your clients
As a Graphic Designer, this is the most important document to protect you and your business. It should detail the graphic design services you are providing and be signed by them. A well written Graphic Design Agreement will provide you with legal protection for your business and services and show your client you are a professional operator.
The package also includes ‘Proposal and Quote Terms’ that you should add to your proposal and quote emails. These ensure your proposals and quotes reference your Graphic Design Agreement terms and protect your project ideas and suggestions.
“Must have” legal notices for your Graphic Design website
- Website Disclaimer – To limit your liability from information you publish and to protect your Copyright.
- Terms & Conditions – To state the terms under which you do business and clarify service expectations with potential clients. Australian Consumer Law requires this for all your customers.
Quick and easy online forms
Just input some basic information into each online form and your customised legal agreements and notices are automatically generated.
The Graphic Design Agreement comes in PDF, Word and Google Docs formats. The Proposal and Quote Terms are in text format. The Graphic Design Website Legals are in text format that you just copy and paste into your website and make any changes to match your business model.
Free updates so you don’t worry about legislation changes
Australian Consumer and Privacy law is constantly changing, particularly with regard to the Internet and online businesses. We’re Australian lawyers and we make it our business to keep on top of these changes. We don’t overwhelm you with emails, but when the law changes and any of the standard online templates are updated we let you know, so you never have to worry.
Online video instructions and telephone support
Online video instructions are included with each form. We step you through filling out each online form and explain important clauses as we go. But the forms are not complicated and the instruction videos are short.
And you can always call us if you have any questions.
Is the graphic designer legal package right for me?
I want to retain full ownership of my designs …
The default standard version of the Graphic Design Agreement gives ownership of the design to your client once payment has been made. However, we have included editable versions (in Word and Google Docs formats) so you can change this yourself should you need to.
I want to subcontract work to a third party …
The Graphic Design Agreement allows you to subcontract work to qualified contractors and employees. But you are responsible for their work and must vet final designs submitted to the client.
My designs are really just a hobby …
If you receive any compensation for your designs, you should have a written agreement with your client. This ensures clarity over ownership of the work and limits any personal liability that may arise as you cannot control how or where they may be used.
I want my logo on the agreements …
No problem. The Graphic Design Agreement comes in Word and Google Docs formats and is fully editable, so you can attach your logo and personalise your agreements.
The package includes
- Graphic Design Agreement – A standard Agreement that sets out your business terms. Includes:
- Ownership of all designs and ideas produced
- Number of revisions allowed and timing
- Confidentiality of information received from your client
- Payment, cancellation and refunds
- Limitation of liability and indemnity
- Governing law
- Proposal and Quote Terms – Attach these to your proposal and quote emails. Includes: variations after the quote is agreed are subject to additional fees and length of time quote is valid for.
- Graphic Design Website Legals:
- Website Disclaimer – To limit your liability from information you publish and protect your Copyright.
- Website Terms & Conditions – To state your terms for both website visitors and users, including Limitation of Liability and Australian Consumer Law terms for any online sales.
- Updates – Customers are notified when there is a major change to the legislation and our standard online templates are updated.
We offer a full money back guarantee if our templates are not suitable for your circumstances or a technical difficulty prevents you from using them. If you have questions about buying online, check out the FAQs.