If you’re an Australian adult this legal guide is for you.
Everyone, at some stage in their life, needs some legal help. And usually that legal help is required at significant stages of your life. For example, getting married, having children, buying property or starting a business, inheriting assets, separating and divorcing, etc.
Legal issues everyday Australians should manage
The range of legal issues faced by normal Australians is not large or overly complex. But they are easily put off or ignored altogether. They include:
- Having a Will and keeping it up-to-date as your circumstances change
- Looking after any property investments you have in a professional manner
- Documenting any loans you make to family members or friends
- Giving your Power of Attorney to a trusted friend or family member
- Agreeing the financial split of assets if you separate from your partner and divorce
How to be prepared for these legal issues
Here at Legal123 we’ve put together a set of legal templates that you can use to get on top of these issues (and be as proactive as possible). The templates for everyday Australians include: