If you’re a Freelancer, Independent Contractor or Consultant this legal guide is for you.
Becoming a Freelancer or Independent Contractor has never been easier. The advent of online marketplaces – like eLance, oDesk and Freelancer – has enabled small operators to advertise to a national, and potentially global, audience. And businesses are increasingly open to short term hiring and engaging Freelancers and Contractors. The opportunities are almost endless.
Legal issues faced by Freelancers and Contractors
But as a Freelancer or Contractor, you face a number of legal issues day-to-day, including:
- How to offer your services in a professional manner with adequate legal protections
- Convincing clients that you will keep their information private and confidential
- Making sure you get paid and collecting any outstanding debts
- How to hire sub-contractors if you need additional resources
- Ensuring your Copyrighted work doesn’t get stolen online
How to manage these legal issues
Here at Legal123 we’ve put together a collection of easy-to-use legal templates to help you set up and run your Freelance business and make your job easier. Our templates will ensure you look professional to your customers, help protect you and mitigate downside risks as much as possible. The templates for Freelancers include: