Everything you need to run your holiday rental like a business
Managing your own holiday rental property can be much more profitable than using a real estate agent. To get you started we’ve put together a complete package with everything you’ll need:
- Holiday Rental Agreement
- Property Manager Contract
- Inspection Checklist
- Tips & Tricks Guide
Use the Holiday Rental Agreement for each booking
Using a Holiday Rental Agreement ensures your guests know the terms & conditions under which they are renting – plus you’ll be protecting yourself in the event your property is damaged, your guests cancel, etc.
Just fill in your property details and save the Word template. Then for each new booking just add the guest information: name and address, dates, the price you are charging, number of guests, etc. Have the renter sign the agreement and you’re done!
Use the Property Manager Contract to engage a manager
If you’ve decided to engage a property manager to help you look after your property you should have a written agreement with them that agrees and specifies what duties they will perform and the fee they will receive. Agree management duties such as:
- Meet and greet guests
- Cleaning or managing cleaners
- Answering guest queries and troubleshooting
- Managing bookings and taking payments, etc.
Make sure you keep an up-to-date Inspection Checklist
Have a list of everything in your holiday rental property – just in case anything is damaged, broken or stolen. The list will show guests you are a professional operator – and may even dissuade parties, damage and people from removing any items. Then use this list for property inspection when a guest leaves. We’ve included a Word template in our package to help get you started.
And read the Tips & Tricks Guide to help you get started
This PDF guide – “Holiday Rental Tips & Tricks” – is written by a seasoned holiday rental property owner and manager. It is literally crammed full of useful information covering:
- How to get the most from online advertising
- Where to buy landlord rental insurance
- How to use online calendars to coordinate cleaners
- What tax deductions you should know about, etc.
Online video instructions and telephone support
There’s a short online video with instructions on how to fill in the templates. Plus the video covers 5 FAQs about how to manage your holiday rental property. And you can always call us if you have any questions.
Is the holiday rental package right for me?
Perfect. You need the Legal123 holiday rental package. It has everything you need to start renting your property as a holiday rental and managing it professionally.
I self-manage my holiday rental property …
Then you don’t need the Property Manager Contract. But you do need a signed Holiday Rental Agreement and Inspection Checklist with every booking.
When renting through Stayz, guests agree to the Stayz “Code of Conduct” – this is not a legally binding agreement. If there is damage to your property, your insurance company will need to see a proper agreement with your renter (to check the bond, etc.). So use a professionally written Holiday Rental Agreement.
I’m a Property Agent …
Our templates are for single/personal use only. If you would like to use a template multiple times for your own clients, then why not join our Affiliate Program.
The package includes
- Holiday Rental Agreement – Easy-to-use Word template with the rental terms and conditions. Just fill in the details of each new guest booking and have them sign.
- Property Manager Contract – Another Word template to use when agreeing the duties you want your property manager to perform and the fee they will receive.
- Inspection Checklist – Customise this Word document so it matches your own property.
- Tips & Tricks – 5-page PDF guide with tips and tricks for renting out your holiday property.
- Online video instructions – To walk you through, step-by-step, how to fill in the templates. Plus 5 helpful FAQs about how to manage your holiday rental property.
- Australia-wide – Templates are valid in all Australian States & Territories.
We offer a full money back guarantee if our templates are not suitable for your circumstances or a technical difficulty prevents you from using them. If you have questions about buying online, check out the FAQs.