Letter of Demand Template
All Australian: Written by Australian lawyers, for Australians. Learn more
Don’t let people get away with not paying you!
You will be surprised how simple it is to write a Letter of Demand and collect a debt owed to you. Plus,
- Debt collection agencies are expensive and they won’t chase small debts owed, and
- Lawyers are very expensive and might be the wrong way to handle a customer.
Letters of Demand are quick and easy to do-it-yourself – and due to their formal nature they get results, without having to lodge a claim in Court.
Our Letter of Demand template is quick and easy
Simply download and fill in the PDF template with some basic information – the name and address of the debtor, the amount owed and attach evidence of your claim and you’re done! The template is written in plain English, so it’s easy to understand. And you can be done in less than 15 minutes. There’s a short online video with instructions plus additional videos covering 5 FAQs and a “walk through” of the letter.
… And re-use the template again and again.
The first template is a ‘Soft’ version of the Letter of Demand. Use this version if you believe there is still an opportunity to negotiate your payment and you want to maintain a good relationship with the debtor.
The second template is a ‘Hard’ version of the Letter of Demand. Use this version if you want to enforce your payment and make a Final Demand to be paid within a specified number of days. No negotiation.
- ‘Soft’ version – When you want to maintain a cordial relationship with the debtor and negotiate the payment owed. Allows you to offer a payment option (full amount, lesser amount, monthly instalment, etc.)
- Extra online videos – Covering 5 FAQs and a “Walk Through” video explaining the Letter of Demand and terms used.
- ‘Hard’ version – When you are tired of requesting payment and want to make a Final Demand for payment. At this stage you are prepared to lodge your Statement of Claim in court and provide evidence of the debt.
- Statement of Claim – Information on what to do if you are not paid, including explanation on the process and website links to Court forms.
We offer a full money back guarantee if our templates are not suitable for your circumstances or a technical difficulty prevents you from using them. If you have questions about buying online, check out the FAQs
“Great way to get legal documents & the staff are very helpful with any questions asked. Very professional service. Will use Legal123 on an ongoing basis … Thanks!!” Eugene
“Thanks to what your company offers, it has come to the point where legal forms, templates and agreements are within the reach of everyone in terms of understanding, ease of use and affordability. Thank you.” Shiro
“What a fantastic business you have, I think it’s great! Especially when it’s very ‘foreign’ to people that don’t have a good understanding of the law. I’ll definitely be coming back to you for any other legal stuff when it comes up.” Judy F.
“Love this business – sensational idea.” Gaby Chapman, TheWritingBureau.com.au
“An easy to use template. The result is a professional looking document which included Australian legal terminology that I would not have been able to obtain without hiring a legal expert at great expense. Thank you very much.” Carrie Chapman, allforonesie.com.au
“What a great resource. All the legal information is simply and clearly explained and there are forms for a few business things that I hadn’t even thought of before. I’m recommending Legal123 to all my friends and work colleagues.” Sylvia
“Having known the founder of Legal123.com.au for so many years, this is exactly what I expected – easy to find what you’re looking for, written in plain English, spot-on for personal and business use – and affordable too!” Kath
“Easy to navigate, the designers have found the golden path here – fills the legal void and gives much needed legal doc assistance to mums and dads – and easy peazy approach.” Stocky
“Thanks for the quick and efficient service.” John D.
“Very easy to use & great value. Would highly recommend it.” Elena