Letter of Demand Template
All Australian: Written by Australian lawyers, for Australians. Learn more
Don’t let people get away with not paying you!
You will be surprised how simple it is to write a Letter of Demand and collect a debt owed to you. Plus,
- Debt collection agencies are expensive and they won’t chase small debts owed, and
- Lawyers are very expensive and might be the wrong way to handle a customer.
Letters of Demand are quick and easy to do-it-yourself – and due to their formal nature they get results, without having to lodge a claim in Court.
Our Letter of Demand template is quick and easy
Simply download and fill in the PDF template with some basic information – the name and address of the debtor, the amount owed and attach evidence of your claim and you’re done! The template is written in plain English, so it’s easy to understand. And you can be done in less than 15 minutes. There’s a short online video with instructions plus additional videos covering 5 FAQs and a “walk through” of the letter.
… And re-use the template again and again.
The first template is a ‘Soft’ version of the Letter of Demand. Use this version if you believe there is still an opportunity to negotiate your payment and you want to maintain a good relationship with the debtor.
The second template is a ‘Hard’ version of the Letter of Demand. Use this version if you want to enforce your payment and make a Final Demand to be paid within a specified number of days. No negotiation.
- ‘Soft’ version – When you want to maintain a cordial relationship with the debtor and negotiate the payment owed. Allows you to offer a payment option (full amount, lesser amount, monthly instalment, etc.)
- Extra online videos – Covering 5 FAQs and a “Walk Through” video explaining the Letter of Demand and terms used.
- ‘Hard’ version – When you are tired of requesting payment and want to make a Final Demand for payment. At this stage you are prepared to lodge your Statement of Claim in court and provide evidence of the debt.
- Statement of Claim – Information on what to do if you are not paid, including explanation on the process and website links to Court forms.
We offer a full money back guarantee if our templates are not suitable for your circumstances or a technical difficulty prevents you from using them. If you have questions about buying online, check out the FAQs
“Very easy to use & great value. Would highly recommend it.” Elena
“This is such a great idea for small businesses. The process was quick and easy, and Vanessa was very helpful. The templates are more than affordable, but the peace of mind is priceless!” Alison Hardy, freelance copywriter
“A site like this makes so much sense! It’s professional and credible yet not scary and complicated. I’ll be back!” Naoimh
“Excellent customer service to resolve my issue quickly. Thank you!” Theo S.
“Clear and concise documents at low cost and ultra quick turn around. Great way to cover your legal bases without having to pay the high cost – great service!” Michael Califano
“Easy to navigate, the designers have found the golden path here – fills the legal void and gives much needed legal doc assistance to mums and dads – and easy peazy approach.” Stocky
“Thanks for the quick and efficient service.” John D.
“Customer service is EXCEPTIONAL – great product to boot – saved us thousands.” Troy St Clare
“Heckuva good job. I sure apprceiate it.” Buffy
“Outstanding. Love the speed and efficiency of getting the forms I needed!” Oscar de Vries