Website Contracts can be used in many situations
Your online business will often need contractors – specialists in website design, app programming, online marketing, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), graphic design, etc. A clear and simple Website Contract will ensure you and your contractor are “on the same page”.
Don’t run the risk of not having a Website Contract
A handshake and verbal agreement are not enough – your online business is too valuable! What if:
- Your IP is stolen or copied?
- Your designer doesn’t meet the deadline?
- Your website has missing functionality?
- Your website is copied and re-used?
- You disagree on the price?
Quick and easy PDF template
Simply download and fill in the PDF template with some basic information – contractor name and address and a description of the services to be performed. The template is written in plain English, so it’s easy to understand. And you can be done in less than 20 minutes. Plus you can re-use the template again and again.
Online video instructions and telephone support
There’s a short online video with instructions on how to fill out the template. We also always include a “walk through” video stepping you through and explaining each clause. Plus there’s a video covering 5 FAQs about hiring website contractors. And you can always call us if you have any questions.
Is the Website Contract template right for me?
You should still protect yourself. Building a website often turns into a major project, if technical difficulties are encountered or the scope changes. Make sure you have a solid agreement with your contractor with deliverables, timeline and payment schedule.
I’m using eLance or oDesk …
The eLance and oDesk Terms of Service protects them, not you. You should have your own agreement with your contractor.
You should be. Unless you have the right technical skills, you’ll need to hire a specialist. The Website Contract includes confidentiality clauses to keep your ideas secret.
I’m a website designer, coder, consultant, etc. …
Our Website Contract is for online business owners. If you’re a service provider to website owners then use our Contractor Agreement.
The template includes
- IP protection – Clause to safeguard the ownership of your intellectual property and any new IP developed during the project.
- Confidentiality – Clause to protect your idea, business and personal information.
- Limitation of liability – Clause to limit your liability for loss or damage.
- Dispute resolution – Clause defining procedure in case of any disagreements.
- Schedule – Summary table detailing project deadlines, deliverables and payment dates.
- Extra online videos – Covering 5 FAQs and a “Walk Through” video explaining the contract and terms used.
We offer a full money back guarantee if our templates are not suitable for your circumstances or a technical difficulty prevents you from using them. If you have questions about buying online, check out the FAQs.
Website Contract Template
Are you a Service Provider to website owners? For example, graphic designer, website builder, application programmer, SEO consultant, etc. Then use our Contractor Agreement.